Online Advertising Data Usage Policy
D.A. Consortium Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") utilizes internet user information acquired from websites and the like to provide a variety of services. The Company sets forth basic matters relating to the use of such information, observes laws and regulations, and endeavors to use such information properly.
See here for details on data usage for DAC’s DSP called MarketOne®, SSP called YieldOne®, and DMP called AudienceOne®.
1. Acquisition of Informative Data
The Company acquires data and other information relating to internet users that can be acquired when internet users use websites or applications and that can be accumulated and provided to analyze user interests/preferences (hereinafter referred to as "Informative Data").
2. Name of the entity Acquiring Informative Data
3. Types and Retention Period of Informative Data Acquired
Informative Data acquired by the Company is as follows:
- Cookie IDs (codes issued by websites each time cookies are sent)
- Page URLs of websites visited by internet users using their computer (browser)
- Page categories (segments) and analysis results, etc., for websites visited by internet users using their computer (browser)
- Websites visited, website pages viewed, and any other site transition or behavior history of internet users using their computer (browser)
- Advertising-dedicated device identifiers provided by smartphone operating systems (iOS, Android) : Advertising Identifier (IDFA) for iOS, Google Advertising ID (AAID) for Android
- Information relating to application use
- IP addresses
- Dates and times of application use
The above information only includes non-personally identifiable individual information that does not identify a specific individual.
The retention period for Informative Data acquired by the Company is two years from the date a given internet user (his/her computer / browser) last visits the website concerned. For applications, the period is two years from the date of last use.
4. Purpose of Use & Acquisition Method of Informative Data, Opt-out Procedure
The Company uses acquired Informative Data for the following purposes:
- To provide products, services, and related information that match the interests and preferences of internet users
※the Company may collaborate with several advertisement distribution companies and make Informative Data available to advertisers for the said purpose. Please click here to check those companies.
- To develop and improve products and services; and
- To offer products and services to customers of the Company.
The Company acquires Informative Data using the following methods:
(1) When using a browser (acquisition using cookies)
①Advertising tracking system cookies
The Company acquires Informative Data from the computers (browsers) of internet users who visit websites that display ads using ad tracking systems (XmediaOne / EffectiveOne).
If you do not desire the delivery of advertising using Informative Data (desire to opt-out), please click the link below.
②Advertising delivery platform cookies
If you do not desire the provision of advertising using Informative Data (desire to opt-out), please click the link below.
Disable delivery of advertising using FlexOne® Informative Data
③Advertising delivery control cookies from Sizmek
If you wish to disable such cookies, please click the link below.
Disable advertising delivery control Cookies from Sizmek
If you wish to enable such cookies, please click the link below.
Enable advertising delivery control Cookies from Sizmek
(2) When using an application (acquisition using an advertising-dedicated device identifier)
In a format enabling temporary use for advertising targeting, the Company obtains Informative Data from media companies that use an SSP (Supply Side Platform), which maximizes ad space sales and advertising revenues, and from media companies and advertisers that use tracking tools, which study and analyze information relating to application use.
If you do not desire the delivery of advertising using Informative Data (desire to opt-out), please click this link (Japanese only).
However, doing so will only stop the delivery of advertising using Informative Data and will not stop the delivery of advertising itself. The opt-out will be required again when changing to a new mobile device.
5. Informative Data Recipients and Purpose of Provision
For the purpose(s) indicated below, the Company may provide Informative Data using appropriate methods in accordance with the relevant purpose(s) to corporations using Company services, other advertising distributors including DAC Group companies, media companies, advertising agencies, partners such as advertisers, or universities, institutions or groups that conduct academic research or people affiliated with such organizations (regardless of whether the main party is an individual or a corporation) (hereinafter, collectively referred to as “Relevant Corporations”).
- To provide the Relevant Corporations information, etc., that matches the interests and preferences of internet users (computer / browser -directed) who view their websites
- To develop, improve, and provide products and services of the Relevant Corporations
- To offer products and services of the Relevant Corporations to their customers
- For educational or academic research purposes of the Relevant Corporations
The Company shall also require the Relevant Corporations to comply with the following conditions:
- No activity conflicting with the Personal Information Protection Act;
- Informative Data is only to be used within the scope of the above purposes; and
- Conditions (1) and (2) will be required of any other party provided with Informative Data by the Relevant Corporations
In addition to the above, the Company may outsource Informative Data to other business entities only to the extent necessary to fulfill the purpose of use indicated on this page.
6. Disabling Cookies
Depending on the computer (browser) used by internet users, cookie functionality may be disabled by changing the settings. However, please be aware that this may also disable some or all website services.
7. Reissue (Reset) of the Advertising-Dedicated Device Identifier
Depending on the device used by application users, the advertising-dedicated device identifier issued by the OS may be reissued (reset) by changing the settings.
This reissues the advertising-dedicated device identifier that is associated with the Informative Data acquired by the Company’s service and the mobile device used by the application user, and so can stop advertising delivery based on previously existing Informative Data.
However, this will not stop the delivery of advertising using Informative Data. Delivery of advertising using Informative Data will begin anew with any subsequent use of the application.
8. Personal information
9. Revisions to This Page
The Company will continuously examine and improve its information control system. With this process, the content of this page may be revised. The Company will notify internet users of any revisions at an appropriate time depending on the changes, either on this website or on another website managed by the Company, or by any other method deemed appropriate by the Company. The revisions will take effect from the date separately specified by the Company.
10. Informative Data Security Control Measures
The Company will take and strictly manage security control measures in its handling of Informative Data to prevent unauthorized access of Informative Data and the leakage, loss, or damage of Informative Data (including loss, destruction or manipulation), and will endeavor to continuously review, correct and improve the content and methods of such measures.
Established on December 25, 2014
Revised on December 7, 2018
Revised on December 24, 2021